1. What Is DarkIce?DarkIce is a live audio streamer. It records audio from an audio interface (e.g. sound card), encodes it and sends it to a streaming server.
DarkIce can record from:
DarkIce can encode in the following formats:
DarkIce can send the encoded stream to the following streaming servers:
Darkice runs on the following operating systems:
DarkIce initial author is Ákos Maróy
DarkIce current author and maintainer is Rafael Diniz.
2. StatusDarkIce is considered stable, it has been used since fall 2000 in production 24 hours per day.
The latest version is 1.0, check out the ChangeLog.
There is a GTK frontend made by Rafael Diniz, called DarkSnow. DarkSnow.
3. DiscussionFor questions & feedback on DarkIce, please join the darkice-list mailing list.
Should you find any issues with DarkIce, please submit a bug or feature request at our Trac system.
4. SupportIf you feel that DarkIce is having a good effect on your online streaming radio, feel free to donate some money to allow further development. Thank you!
5. DownloadDarkIce is © Copyright Tyrell Hungary and Rafael Diniz and Ákos Maróy under the GNU General Public Licence version 3.
You can download DarkIce releases from the project's download page.
If you like to live on the edge, you can check the subversion repository: svn checkout http://darkice.googlecode.com/svn/darkice/trunk/ darkice
This page last updated: $Date: 2010-05-12 17:54:28 -0300 (Qua, 12 Mai 2010) $.